THE "MAKE IT FIT" SERIES 2: LET'S TALK FORM!!!

 

THE "MAKE IT FIT" SERIES 2: 

LET'S 

TALK FORM!!

Hi there,

I guess you are having an amazing weekend and working towards showing some love this valentine πŸ’ž

I introduced a new series for the month in my last post, titled The "MAKE IT FIT" series, with the intention to share insights on how to make things fit within your space.

As a reminder, the series is born out of my encounter with spaces costing a fortune to set up, yet failing to make a mark simply because the occupants never paid attention to the importance of making things fit.

The objective of this series is therefore to help my audience avoid similar mistakes as I help you identify and understand basic principles that come to play when making things fit within your spaces.

I will be addressing 3 of these principles starting with Form or Shape, and using 3 illustrations as follows πŸ‘‡


#1: 

OWN THE LAYOUT OF YOUR SPACE 

This is extremely unlike me but please permit me to take a line from a song by the legendary rapper 2PAC  


🎹🎢


"That's just the way it is


Things will never be the same


That's just the way it is


Aww yeah!!!"


πŸŽΉπŸŽΆπŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ˜‚


If you are old or young enough to know this song, congratulations πŸ‘πŸ˜€

I needed this song to buttress the point that "no two spaces are exactly the same, even if they appear so". Not yours and your next door neighbours', and definitely not the ones you crave for on the internet.

So what's the way forward?

Always ask for a floor plan for any space you are setting up.



#2: 

KNOW 

YOUR NEEDS

If you have followed the Consult Kenny posts well enough, you would know I'm an advocate for functional spaces.

The simple secret to any functional space is the ability to infuse the needs of the occupier with the dynamics of the space.

For instance a long and narrow hallway, like the one in the picture attached, is almost always perfect for an art gallery, whereas the same would most likely be a disaster for a restaurant.


#3:

ASK 

FOR HELP

Perhaps you have always thought all spaces are square, or you just cannot place your head around the points above, then I strongly recommend you ask for help 😊

Truth be told, our abilities to identify different layouts, forms or shapes of spaces differ from person to person and it will be wrong to make you feel bad if you are having struggles finding your way around this. 

So in situations like this it will be good to get in touch with professionals like myself who will help you make the best of your space.

It's totally okay to ask for help!!!


In my next post, I will be addressing the concept of PROPORTION and how it applies to your space.

Please ensure you follow through.

Note: You can also engage Consult Kenny *PRO* for better understanding of the Principles of Design. Kindly use the link below to get started πŸ‘‡

https://shorturl.at/fkqCX

I'm Kenny, an interior designer and project manager.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE "SHARE WITH ME" SERIES: LET'S GO SUSPENDED!!!

THE "YOU CAN COUNT ON ME" SERIES