THE "COST VS. SAVINGS" SERIES 4: THE SCENARIOS (PART 1)
THE
"COST
VS.
SAVINGS"
SERIES 4:
THE
SCENARIOS
PT. 1
Hi Peeps,
Trust this post meets you well. and I guess you are having a great time as summer reaches its peak.
I would like to have your attention for a moment just before the next nature hike, sprinkler fight and other summer adventure you have lined up for the weekend.
Still on The "Cost vs. Savings" Series, an eye-opener conversation on the impact of cost and savings on your projects. So far, I have defined terms and shared practical tools with techniques you will find useful for your project decisions moving forward.
If you have not been following, do well to check them out here 👇
https://consultkenny3.blogspot.com/2026/08/the-cost-vs-savings-series-3-workings.html
Now it's time for case study as I share real life scenarios. In this post I will highlight cases presented by professionals independent of Team Consult Kenny, just so you have an idea of what's applicable elsewhere.
Please come with me 👇
#1:
ONCE
AND
FOR ALL
The subject of cost and savings will always come up throughout the lifecycle of a project.
Using a construction project as a case study, there are matters that may appear at obvious points like finishing phase (painting, tiling, fittings etc), while others occur at points that are hidden in places like the foundation, columns and other structural members.
In the attached video by @Ehmecointegratedservices, there is a case of a bad decision on a structural matter👇
https://youtube.com/shorts/PRxMCvkRzS4?si=DDnM12jxBJqZEwpy
The project sponsor in this case opted for an upfront 'savings' that ended up as a costly mistake, rather than an upfront investment that would have resulted in long-term savings.
Kindly check it out and let me have your feedback.
#2:
BE
THE
JUDGE
While some decisions are best made once and for all, others leave you with options to choose from, with no dire consequences to face regardless of your decision.
Here @sirfolajomi makes a cost comparison between the initial and subsequent cost implication for a generator vs. solar power options 👇
https://youtube.com/shorts/eoLI4nBMvO4?si=2WhEoxt3clM7TlHd
There is no right or wrong decision in this case, however it's important to ask yourself if you would prefer to pay now and save later or vice versa.
The choice is simply yours to make, be the judge.
#3:
YOU ARE
NEXT
Common!, I thought this is supposed to be a dialogue, so I have to hear from you and not bombard you with case study.
Therefore, I would like to hear from you. Please share real life scenarios on matters relating to cost and savings that you have had to face. Perhaps your case study will make it to my next post.
But just before then, let's recite the personal statement that summarizes this entire series in just 3 lines👇
❌ If it would cost me money, time and effort but rescue me from nothing, I DROP IT
🤔 If it would cost me money, time and effort and rescue me from something , I CONSIDER IT
✅ If it would NOT cost me money, time and effort yet rescue me from something, I JUMP AT IT
You sure have enough time to memorize this before my next post where I will be presenting case study that are peculiar to my audience. While you are at it, please feel free to use the link below to keep in touch👇
https://wa.me/message/O35ITJCXPTGYG1
Thanks for your attention 😊
I'm Kenny, an interior designer and project manager.
CONSULT KENNY
PROJECTS | PEOPLE | PLACES | PLATFORMS
#consultkennyposts #thecostvssavingsseries4 #thescenario1 #onceandforall #bethejudge #youarenext #naturehike #sprinklerfight #summeradventure #generator #solarpower




Comments
Post a Comment