THE "COST VS. SAVINGS" SERIES 2: THE TERMS
THE
"COST
VS.
SAVINGS"
SERIES 2:
THE
TERMS
Hello Peeps,
Trust this post meets you well, and how is summer coming?. Very well I guess.
I'm here in furtherance of The "Cost Vs. Savings" Series an eye-opener conversation that's going to make you better at decision making.
The idea behind this conversation is summed up in these line of thoughts👇
🚶If it would cost you a lot but save you nothing, DROP IT
🤔 If it would cost you something and save you a lot, CONSIDER IT
👍 If it would cost you nothing yet save you a lot, JUMP AT IT
Today, I begin with definition of terms just so you have a clear picture of what cost and savings truly imply in this context. I will be defining cost, savings and how they are connected.
Please come with me 👇
#1:
BEYOND
MONEY
The traditional definition of COST means the amount of money, time, or effort needed to buy, make, or do something.
While price or money is a key component of cost, it is important to note from the definition that there are other components worth considering :
🕐 Time: a resource that's more valuable than money
🚧 Effort: even with the availability of money, effort is still required to get things done.
So before you think of cost as just the price tag or amount of money expended on something, please do not forget to consider time and effort as well.
#2:
TO THE
RESCUE
The context within which the term; SAVINGS is used in this series is more like to rescue someone or something from danger, rather than the traditional definition of savings as the portion of income kept and set aside for later use.
I say this to displace the misconception of seeing savings in monetary terms only, but as an act of deliverance.
This implies it is very possible to incur cost for the sake of savings (or for a rescue). For example, engaging a project manager or other professionals like myself on your project will be at a cost, but I assure you will be saved or rescued in the long run.
I hope you get it now?
#3:
FINDING
BALANCE
Now that we are on the same page with the context, let's define usage before I proceed to showing you workings in my next post.
Let's go back to the mantra that sums up the line of thoughts for this series, but this time personalising it while interchanging cost and savings for other terms:
🗣️If it would cost me money, time and effort but rescue me from nothing, I DROP IT
🗣️If it would cost me money, time and effort and rescue me from something , I CONSIDER IT
🗣️If it would not cost me money, time and effort yet rescue me from something, I JUMP AT IT
Yay!, please give yourselves a round of applause 🤣
It's break time and you are all to resume this time next weekend.
Don't get your project stalled while you are away for summer. Get some rest of mind by engaging me and it begins with a click on the link below👇
https://wa.me/message/O35ITJCXPTGYG1
See you soon!
I'm Kenny, an interior designer and project manager.
CONSULT KENNY
PROJECTS | PEOPLE | PLACES | PLATFORMS
#consultkennyposts #thecostvssavingsseries2 #theterms #beyondmoney #totherescue #findingbalance #summer #peaceofmind #jumpatit #money #time #effort




Comments
Post a Comment