THE "COST VS. SAVINGS" SERIES 5: THE SCENARIOS (PART 2)
THE
"COST
VS.
SAVINGS"
SERIES 5:
THE
SCENARIOS
PT. 2
Happy Weekend Peeps,
I guess you are doing great and having an amazing time with your summer activities.
A big applause to you for following through "The Cost vs. Savings" Series, an insightful conversation that has helped my audience get better at:
✅ defining cost and savings in real terms.
✅ calculating actual cost and savings.
✅ identifying real life scenarios where cost and savings may apply.
The preceding posts have been quite interesting and you can check them out in full here 👇
https://www.blogger.com/u/3/blog/posts/611154423946289818
As I bring this conversation to an end, I will be addressing two Cost vs Savings cases as derived from real life scenarios in the course of my engagements this week.
These scenarios comes from two concerned audience, code named Mrs. A and P.A.A 👇
#1:
DELIVERABLES
VS.
CONSUMABLES
Mrs. A: Kenny, it was a tug of war between two vendors/contractors as they both bid for a project in my office this week.
While one approached its costing from the deliverables P.O.V (detailing all the milestones that will be delivered), the other focused on consumables (only list of materials to be used).
The total cost for the former ends up higher than that of the later, but of course; FOLLOWING THE ONGOING SERIES HAS TAUGHT ME NOT TO MAKE DECISIONS BY MERELY LOOKING AT SUM TOTALS.
Eventually we realized the vendor with the consumable approach missed some very crucial details that the other vendor carefully highlighted in their estimate.
That oversight would have gotten us in a fix.
I'm sure you can guess who we ended up engaging.
Thanks for the eye-opening insights you share
Me: The pleasure is mine, and thanks for paying attention 🙏
#2:
SAFETY
VS.
HOSPITAL
BILLS
P.A.A: I engaged workmen for some maintenance work in my apartment. Some of their work required they work at an height above 2 floors. They suggested we use a ladder just to save cost, but then I remembered one of the insights from this series; IT IS VERY POSSIBLE TO INCUR COST FOR THE SAKE OF SAVINGS (OR FOR A RESCUE).
Instantly I thought to myself; which would I prefer, incur cost for safety or for hospital bills? 🤔
We ended up engaging a scaffolder, a decision that cost me more but gave me rest of mind.
Thanks Kenny for instilling the consciousness of order in your audience 🙏
Me: Your feedback is highly appreciated and I'm glad you put the insights to action 😊
#3:
PARTING
WORDS
I hope you get it now?
Cost and savings are NOT mutually exclusive elements on a project. In other words, choosing cost will not automatically forfeit savings.
However, this does not imply going around looking for where and how to expend your resources without considering savings. Balance is the Key
So if by now you haven't memorized the 3-lines personal statement that helps you understand that balance, then I'm afraid I will have you repeat the entire series 5 times in a row 🤣
Now, quickly repeat after me👇
❌ If it would cost me money, time and effort but rescue me from nothing, I DROP IT
🤔 If it would cost me money, time and effort and rescue me from something , I CONSIDER IT
✅ If it would NOT cost me money, time and effort yet rescue me from something, I JUMP AT IT
You have really done well making it this far, the next step would be to engage me for a stress-free execution of your next project. Kindly use the link below to get started 👇
https://wa.me/message/O35ITJCXPTGYG1
Much love folks, see you in September 💕
I'm Kenny, an interior designer and project manager.
CONSULT KENNY
PROJECTS | PEOPLE | PLACES | PLATFORMS
#consultkennyposts #thecostvssavingsseries5 #thescenario2 #deliverablesvsconsumables #safetyvshospitalbill #partingwords #balance #summeractivities #contractor #tugofwar #scaffolder




Comments
Post a Comment